Saturday 19 April 2014

Spring Time at The Botanical Gardens

This week the sun has been shining in Sheffield so I grabbed the opportunity to get out with my camera in one of my favorite places in Sheffield. This is the first time I have featured an entire blog on one place but since I spent 2 hours there I hope it will prove worthwhile. The Botanical Gardens were established in 1836 to "promote healthy recreation and self education" and originally they were open to the public just four days a year. 

These days the gardens are open to everyone all year round and provide a lovely spot for picnics, dog walking and flower gazing. The gardens are made up several different planted areas including rose gardens, rockeries and spectacular glass pavilions. It also features a bear pit that until 1870 housed two bears which were removed after an incident where a child fell into the pit and died. Fortunately now the pit, a grade 2 listed building is there for just for aesthetic purposes. 

I have simply placed all the pictures in the order taken as obviously they were all taken in the same place. I hope it shows off the gardens and some of its wild residents. This week the feature returns after I accidentally forgot to put one in last week. I hope you enjoy it and as always check out the Twitter the Facebook and my Etsy shop. 














































This Weeks Feature
Morning Fog by Stewart Barker


No comments:

Post a Comment